Thursday, November 8, 2007

"You're a good dad too"

I woke up today feeling like crap. It's now the 3rd day of my antibiotic medication and I think my body just feels worn down from battling the sickness and the general fatigue from the training and jet lag. I seriously just wanted to stay in bed all day. Read a good book and have breakfast brought to me in bed. Reason #10 to move back to the Philippines, where this would be possible. Still trying to sell Jenna on this living in the Philippines concept. Anyhow, I slowly got my self up and helped get the kids ready for their busy day - pre-school for Payton and gymnastics for Aria.

Then I got on the trainer since it was relatively cold outside to ride while I'm still suffering from bronchitis. Being sick really sucks. I feel so out of shape. How the heck am I suppose to be competing at the World Cup in 3 weeks? My coach says we have time, but we need to speed things up. I just gotta be careful not to get too eager with getting my training back on track. Also, today I started the IO altitude simulation program http://www.io-nz.com/ at Chiro Medical. The IO program is suppose to help increase my natural levels of EPO by exposing me to hypoxic air for a total of 15 hrs. Today, I simulated oxygen levels at 13,000+ feet for 1.5 hr. Tomorrow, I'm getting brought up to 14-15K feet. But I'm tired, even though I just sat in a nice comfy leather chair while I sucked in hypoxic air.

The best part of the day was when I was hugging Payton good night. I gave him a nice big hug and told him that he was such a good boy. His response "You're a good dad too, daddy" He made my day.

No comments: