Tuesday, November 27, 2007

My Olympic Dreams for the Children

As a member of the Philippine National Cycling team, I will be competing around the world in Sydney, Korat, Thailand, Los Angeles, Denmark, and Manchester to qualify for the '08 Beijing Olympics in track cycling. I am dedicating my Olympic pursuit to a charity serving poor children in the Philippines, and I need your help.

I am currently in Sydney, where I am getting ready for the 1st rnd of the World cup. I''ll be on the road, racing and promoting the charity for a month. It's already difficult and lonely being away from my family especially during the Holidays. Before I left home, my son, Payton, reminded me of the true purpose of my trip when he said, "Dad, you're leaving us to help the poor children, right?" I replied, "I hope so."

What I'm trying to achieve is more than just about biking. Hopefully, at the end of it all, whether I make it to the Olympics or not, we will have made a difference in the lives of poor children in the Philippines. Then, all the hard work and sacrifices will truly be meaningful.

Please support me along the way by donating to the charity. To donate and learn more about what I'm doing, simply go to:

www.firstgiving.com/2008olympics




Thank You!

Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

No comments: